View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Oh my!

All I can say is that I hope this helps you in the long term?
Rehab: First impressions from me? BORING!; Second Impressions? MORE BORING!
Food was well, edible? But, I lost 30 lbs in the process, as I didn't like what WAS edible? [no salt, no fats..no nothing?] Had my DH meet me for 'lunch dates' outside on a bench and he'd bring carry-out deli sandwiches or chinese or mexican!
PT was the highlight of the day for me, in the AM and PM for about 1-1/2 hours each? But it wasn't one-on-one most of the time... And the therapists hadn't a CLUE about therapies for those who have severe PN! Don't get me into the details of that nightmare tho! Also, no internet access anywhere!
I don't know how it's set up in AU, but in the rehab I was in? I was able to bring in my own TV! That was MY contact with the outside world other than a cell phone and my DH! You kind of feel as if you are in a 'bubble'? And you can't punch out yet. IF you can keep busy and have folks to talk to you can stay sane tho. BUT? Going home was the sweetest part ever!
You are tough, this is part of what you must do to get back home and more! It's slow? But keep up a good altitude and you'll soon fly over and away to home and more! 's !!!!!!!! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aussie99 (02-09-2011), mrsD (02-10-2011)