View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 08:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
I confess to not knowing much about this...I'm confused by what you said about the doctor discovering that you didn't have much blood going to your feet, myeamans. Isn't that what the ABI values are?
I think ABI values are used to look for blockages. I'm not exactly sure. I didn't have any blockages, just really small narrowed blood vessels. The only time I had one of those was to check for claudication. The only reason he wanted to do an arteriogram was because I had no pulse in my feet, my feet were purple and my legs were shiny. In his mind he said I had all of the symptoms of PAD but it just didn't make sense that I would have it. But he decided it was worth it to look and see. He said I was born with small vessels and those small vessels have become narrowed from the PAD. So I'm getting it two-fold! lol

I'm in no way an expert, our situations could be similar or they could be completely different. But if there's a chance that I can help you or anyone get your diagnosis sooner and start enjoying life a little more I will. I know I've said it before but I firmly believe that if my doctor hadn't said we should do that arteriogram I would still be undiagnosed today. He himself said he didn't think anything would come of it, other doctors in the practice said why are you doing that test on a 33 year old, what a waste of time & money, but he said that it was the only thing he could come up with. He said he sees what my feet look like, he can't find a pulse, something's happening. I went into the hospital feeling that like everything else, this would come back normal and I still wouldn't know. And I tell you, when he injected the dye (or whatever it was) in my arteries, I heard one of them say "I'll be damned, look at that", I wanted to cry because I knew that meant he was right to do the test!

I would give the CCB's a chance and if they don't help go back and tell him something is wrong with you and its his job to help you. Tell him you know it's not normal and you're coming to him for help so he needs to help you. And if he doesn't, go somewhere else. I know it sucks but you just have to find the right doctor.
myeamans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote