View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 04:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Kelly

I dont want to be the bad guy here but I have to tell you to do your homework. Neurological TOS is not fun, there is no cure. Only lifestyle changes.

Surgeons are exactly that, surgeons. They get paid for surgery. All the years we have been in this (12 yrs now) I have met only maybe a handful of people who have been a success story. And thats out of 10's of thousands.

Rib resection is not a cure. Patients are still on the same track of meds and physical therapy. I realize, I know how bad the pain is...been there done that. My surgeon was conservative and promised I would be back at work in 6 weeks. The post op pain is horrendous, the recovery is tough but you do get relief for a brief time until the pain, stiffness, lack of fine motor skills,circulation, mobility and range of motion comes back. CRPS sets in due to the firing of chronic pain neurons in the brain.

All the high end and TOS surgery surgeons we know & talk about cannot tell you what percentage of a pain free life style you will have or if and when you will be able to work again. Then its back to the drawing board for more surgery(s). On and on...

Everyone has to do what they have to do, i cant say i wouldnt go thru it again even with promises as discovery is found. 2 years ago I saw Dr. Gelebert, my chances of "less pain" were only 20% with rib resection and thats not with the risks of severing a nerve and surgery risks and the CRPS skyrocketing. Now if you have arterial TOS thats a horse of a different color along with Padgettes Schroeder, a blood clot.

color="Black">Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch *The 3 Stooges
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
OzKira (03-19-2011), SD38 (02-27-2012)