View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

" All three physicians have stated that I am not able to do even sedentary work. Doesnt this sound like I should have a good outlook for my last hearing?"

I would look closely at exactly what the physicians have documented......if they said it like that "He is not able to do even sedentary work" that is not sufficient for SSA. They have to explain, usually via a thorough functional capacity report, why you are unable to do sedentary work ie.....if you are only able to sit up for a few minutes at a time and then need to lay down, if you have no use of your upper extremeties, or whatever the reason.

You will also want to make sure that your documentation of your functional capacity 'matches' what the doctors have said. If your docs have said that you cannot do sedentary work, but you have written that you spend most days sitting on the couch watching tv or playing on the computer, SSA is going to wonder why you can't do a job that involves sitting down.

I wish you the best. I know how frustrating it is to wait for SSA's decisions.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LIT LOVE (12-29-2012)