View Single Post
Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question

Hi, I have just joined whilst searching web on pseudocholinesterase defiency. I have known I have this sice having an emergency c section 12 years ago with my son. I came round from the aneasethic but found i was paralised unable to breath, thankfully the nurses heard me choking and I was put on a ventilator etc. I don't remenber much more than listening to the panic in the recovery ward, my body went into shock. I didn't see my new baby son until the following morning.... The experience has left me afraid of surgery. No one else in my family has tested positive for it.
I have recently been unwell with chest pains and such, had an ecg which was significantly abnormal. I've been into hospital but am awaiting more tests, hence I thought I should do my own research. I also have Protein C deficiency so I am just on my research path. It's surprising here in the UK how little doctors know about these things. I seem to spend alot of time explaining what I have and what it means.... more surprisingly is that they rely on what I tell them....The more I learn the more concerned I become. I am sure there is a link between the deficiencies and my current poor health. If anyone can shed any light would be very grateful
nicolah is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote