View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 02:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink Hello! I'm new here ...

Hi there!

I have joined for a myriad of reasons. One, I am a nurse & recently had a patient with RSD. I had never heard of this & after hearing my patient talk about RSD and how it has effected his life, I started doing independent research.

Ironically, not long (2-3 weeks) after, I read "info" on an old HS friend on FB. He has had RSD for 6-7 years. So, I am here to learn more about RSD for my friend, & as a nurse to offer help in some capacity to any future patients.

I am also on this site for myself, as I have ADD. I am a woman who falls into the category of being diagnosed with ADD in mid to late 30s, which is typically a result of stress, anxiety & depression from the increased responsibilities as a wife, mom etc. I have discovered I lack effective coping skills to handle common stressors in life. This is just one "skill" I lack. I have learned over the past couple years, ADD is so much more & different than what most people think of it as. It is not only an 8-year-old little boy bouncing off the walls of his classroom. I have realized it has effected my life in every aspect.

I will share helpful things I learn along the way & look forward to learning from all of you. ~ Stacy
StacyPJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (02-14-2011), Jaspar (02-11-2011)