View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Back pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
A good or advanced physical therapist should be able to differentiate if it is muscle spasms you are having and possibly what the cause might be.
Like if it is posture, scoliosis, or use related, and if the nerves might be causing some of it.
Sometimes it becomes a circle of pain - nerve tells muscle to tighten or spasm & then the tight muscle pulls more on the spine & so on...

A good PT should be able to help calm the muscles down with manual trigger point release, heat, massage, ultra sound, low level laser - what ever modalities that won't disrupt your SCS.
I fully agree with this advice which I followed with great success.
It took me a while to find the right physio, and you may be able to get some personal references to help you get to the the best.
Just like doctors, they vary.
Mine can find the problem just by look or feel. If a joint is locked up, gently massaging will release it.
Also consider some remedial massage to get the muscle knots unravelled.
Lower back pain is VERY common, and the physios handle this sort of thing all day and every day.
Afterwards, you should embark on a routine to stretch and exercise the back, and look to lifestyle influences that strain the lower back.
Our muscles lose strength and tone as we age yet we try to do everything the same.
Joints tend to stick together, leading to strained muscles as they try to hold the joints in the new position.
Something has to give....

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-13-2011), Rrae (02-13-2011)