View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 08:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
Thanks for sharing all your experience with me, myeamans.

Of course I can't get back to the doc to say that I want to try the CCB after all because his nurse is on vacation and you can never ever talk to the doc directly. But after what you've told me, and since it was his initial suggestion too, I think I really want to try it. I'll let you know what happens!
Isn't that usually how it goes? I love my cardiologist/vascular surgeon but I hate his nurse. Whenever I call in and talk to her I swear she doesn't have a clue what day of the week it is let alone what I'm asking her to tell the doc!

I hope it works out for you, I really do. Please feel free to email me anytime, either here or my email address is broughtonmel@aol.com. Like I said before, I don't know if our situations will end up being alike but if they are and I can help in any way I'd love to be able to.

Also, I think I said this before but depending on what he gives you, (I took cardizm, sp and didn't like it) and then nifedipine which worked immediately. But the nifedipine they started me on was 3 x's a day and while it worked great, it had side effects such as flushing and swelling legs. The flushing was the worse, my legs would turn bright red, it was just uncomfortable. So they switched me to the extended release once a day and I do have a little bit of flushing still, it's nothing like before. And it's been a godsend! In fact, when I had my heart failure problem on Thanksgiving they wanted me to stop the nifedipine and I cried! It wasn't 3 days off of it when my feet started burning again. I hated it. Luckily they put me back on after I got out of the hospital.

Talk to you later. I have my fingers crossed for good news from you next week! Have a great weekend!
myeamans is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (02-11-2011)