Thread: Ketamine?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 12:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Alice,

My RSD has been 80-90% better since starting ketamine infusions last April. I had been sick for several years, but really sick for about the year or so leading up to the infusions. Ketamine has helped me get a decent chunk of my old life back, although things are far from perfect. I tried many other treatments before going for the infusions, and I found that they were far, far more effective than anything else.

Ketamine doesn't work for everyone, but it does have a pretty high rate of success - the sooner you start it the better your chances of having it work for you.

I went off all opiods about a month into the infusions. That was my choice. I still take maintenance meds for migraines and a lot of Fiorcet.

You need to continue the infusions to benefit from them. Once they are discontinued, the ketamine wears off.

It can be difficult to obtain insurance approval for ketamine and deductibles can be high. My ketamine is covered in full because I am a victim of WC. I need to go to WC Court periodically to get my infusions authorized by the judge, since the insurance company denies them otherwise. So far, I've been fortunate - but I have no guarantees regarding my future....

The best of luck to you. Whatever you decide, make sure you end up with the best doc possible.

XOXOX Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DeesRSD (02-19-2011)