Thread: Ketamine?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 02:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the replies!

My SCS is working, but when they implanted it they were unable to get complete coverage, so it doesn't help my whole foot. Thus walking is still a problem and I like to be as active as possible. I'm getting back to work and possible going back to school this fall, so really trying to find a pain plan that is workable for my brain.

I'm in Canada (BC) so if I were to receive infusions, they would be completely covered. I am actually more curious about taking Ketamine medication as I want to limit my time in hospital (I tend to pick up infections) and my reading about hallucinations experienced as a side effect of the infusions frightens me a tad. Before I got CRPS, back when I was younger and crazy, I had done ketamine recreationally a handful of times and didn't experience anything frightening, but was also less aware of drug effects in those days and thus not anticipating any such effect.

Have you ever tried it as a daily medication? I've read it can be effective in conjunction with a narcotic and am wondering if the codeine I currently take is enough to make it an effective treatment. I really don't want to sully my mind again.
whereisfunkytown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote