Thread: Vibrations
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
I've had vibrations but not regularly. Usually it is when I am ill, or when my lower back is wonky. Never 24/7 or even close to that. I think buzzing is a more accurate description of what I feel at those times.

Putting a strong magnet with the wrong pole against the skin has done it for me too. Only S pole keeps nerves quiet. N pole towards the skin activates nerves.

Buzzing or vibrations would suggest to me, compression, or some inflammatory assault on nerves. Watch your MSG intake, because MSG can really stimulate nerves. (glutamate flooding).

I had no idea MSG affected the nerves that much. I'll be sure to keep an eye on that.

Thanks for idea about the magnet. Sadly, magnets and pacemakers don't mix well, so I'll have to pass on that one. I'd think it's far enough away from the chest, but my cardio would run me up the flagpole if I inadvertently reset the device.

I just recently had an MRI done (yes, Johns Hopkins has a new pilot program to do these on patients with pacemakers and I was able to participate a couple weeks ago). I don't have results yet, but while my neuro had the opportunity (took almost 9 months to get in the program), he had them do brain and entire spine, so it will be interesting to see what it shows.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote