View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Worried...please help.

Hello,
I have been reading through several threads and it appears there are a lot of caring people here. I really hope I can get some support and advice.

I am a 38 year old male and I’m very worried.

In September 2010 I was diagnosed with a 3cm non-functioning pituitary tumor after having an MRI due to mild constant headaches.

Two weeks later I started having a “heavy/swollen” type feeling in my left face and jaw. This lasts a few weeks, goes away for a few weeks and then comes back. I had no pain though.

I had surgery in October 2010 to remove 60 per cent of the tumor and will probably need another operation to get more in the coming months.

In December I chipped a pre-molar bottom tooth on left side. The tooth wasn't giving me any pain but I thought I'd do the right thing and have it filled. I went to the dentist on 22 December for a filling and he said it may be sensitive for a while as the filling was close to the nerve.

A week after the filling I started getting a dull ache at the back of my teeth on the left hand side. This lasted about a week before subsiding. Then two weeks later the ache came back and I have had it ever since although it hasn't been as strong this last week.

I haven't had any electrical shocks type pains and my face doesn't hurt to touch, shave etc. although I do get occasional mild aches, pains, twinges in the tooth, jaw and cheek area and my back left teeth are sensitive when I bite down softly. Also, my front two top teeth feel weird and ache sometimes throughout the day.

It's been five months since the “heavy/swollen” feeling started and now seven weeks since the tooth filling. As I said I haven't had the “shock” type pain.

I'm scared to go back to the dentist as I'm afraid it may make things worse.

I'm hoping that I just have nerve damage from the filling that will eventually heal in time.

Thanks so much for reading and I'd really like to know what you think.

I suffer from anxiety and am now getting quite depressed about this...
tyrt11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote