View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

ok, my dad got home and explained why he didnt bring me a Costco rollator.

He wants to take me to the medical supply store to get one there, because they'll assemble the walker for us and make sure all the brakes are tight and nothing will come loose.

So, I have to wait till tomorrow or monday (the two med-supply stores are closed on sunday) to get my rollator. I have to go check the times they're open.

My dad wasnt being a big meanie, he was being a lazy butt. He wants something no assembly required. I think I kind of knew that was why. I kind of like the idea of going to the pharmacy/supply store anyways, because they help fit you to whatever it is you need. (I'm going to look for a patriotic cane while I'm there too) Other good thing about the store, they have more color selection I think. Hopefully. (I may have to buy some decals.)

He did bring in the ginormous extra rollator that my mom has and put it downstairs for me to use. That thing is huge. I have to be really careful going thru my bedroom door with it so it doesnt leave a gouge in the woodwork. But, yeah, it's so much easier to walk with that thing! Cant wait to get one that's a little smaller tho.

I had to clean that rollator off. It had a bit of garage dust on it. Hoping the wheels werent too nasty for our new carpet. (it doesnt have the mileage that my mom's beat up "outside" walker has) but I had to scrub off the seat and all the metal and the handlebars. Everything had a patina of dust on it. Not bad, it hadnt been out there long... Then I had to tighten the screws because the handlebars were coming apart.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (02-12-2011), Lady (02-12-2011), SallyC (02-11-2011)