View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hmmm...this happened to me on my journey towards my diagnosis of RSD....

I was born with mild cerebral palsy and have had arthritis in my knees since I was 12. Over the years I have developed a Baker's Cyst behind my knee, which is a water based cyst that covers the whole length of the crease of back of my leg. It has never given me trouble until I contracted a MRSA infection that lead to tissue damage below my knee cap all the way to my toes. At first they thought that the cyst had burst, but all my tests said that it was still in tact. Then one dr. mentioned that I may have had RSD since I was 8 and had surgeries on my legs to lengthen my tendons. I had heard so much from so many docs that I just barely heard it until a recent conversation with my mother. She said that when I was little I would complain that my leg was burning all the time. I guess she was right because I have been in pain my whole life and the MRSA infection just placed the pain in a different spot. I hear a lot of people who have RSD also have secondary problems, such as neuropathy.

BTW, most of the time they do nothing for a Baker's Cyst unless it is causing pain or fills with more water. The cause of the cyst, in my case, is from having arthritis. I hope you can find out more and my prayers are with you!
cindi1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gabbycakes (02-12-2011)