View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:02 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Could we get in contact - had a question on your posting

Hi Mark,
I'm a new member to the forum, and just read this thread. I had a question on your posting response, specifically on the LENS technologies. Could you get in contact with me by email (my email should be accessible through the members list). Or if you have an email where you can be contacted, I can contact you. Look forward to hearing from you.
Anne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
It sounds to me like the "Research" was more an anecdotal investigation by a clinician. If it was research, you would not be told what they are trying to do or if they did it, etc.

True research is done with the patient in the blind (not aware if their treatment is real or a placebo) and better with the technician in the blind. In your case, blind as to which patient is being treated.

Neurofeedback requires your input where you view a screen and attempt to cause the values to increase or decrease. Another term is Volitional neuro-therapy.

Then there is non-volitional neuro-therapy where the patient just sits and the computer generates some effect to the patient. This may be a specific brand such a ROSHI or LENS.

It sounds like you were more of a guinea pig than a research subject. It also sounds like there may have been an inadequate medical history and psychiatric history taken.

You could start by requesting a complete copy of your records from this clinician. I would also want to have a complete copy/explanation of the protocol and treatment systems/equipment/prior research, etc. .

I would not fault you if you talked to an attorney. You need to understand what they were doing.

My best to you.
anne10 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote