View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Laugh update

Thanks Annie,

I did read My Imaginary Illness, last week. It was hard sometimes and I had to put it down and walk away for a couple of hours. The format of having the personal story of Chloe, followed by a clinicians viewpoint worked well. I am going to recommend it to a number of medical personnel.

I am better after more antibiotics and mestinon. My doc thinks my immune system thought it should ramp up to meet infections. He thought it might calm down if we controlled infection and it did. I am so grateful. I will hide and watch.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Well, Bill, I doubt I'll ever experience an MG vacation. It's nice to hear that you did. And congratulations on finding love again. And the professional accomplishment too.

Abby brought up that book a few posts ago. You should read the thread, it's very interesting. I still haven't had the time or the "energy" to read it.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread142749.html

I have celiac disease. I fully accept my limitations about food. I found people saying they were "sorry" every time they ate something I loved but couldn't eat anymore. I told them to knock it off. Simply because I can't enjoy beer and a hot dog doesn't mean I would mind if others around me stuffed their faces. I am glad other people can eat what I can't, do what I can't, etc. So there's no need to hide living with MG and being in remission. I think it's frickin' great. I hope you get back there. We need HOPE and talking about getting better is good for everyone.

We have been basically below freezing here for over two months. TWO MONTHS. I would settle for a regular old vacation on a beach.

Thanks for checking in, Bill!

Annie
BillF is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote