Thread: Leg weakness
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--as if you may have some compression going on in the sicatic nerve distribution or its branches--it can come from compression on the nerve (the body's largest) itself, of from spinal compression "higher up".

Most people with metabolic, vascular, or autoimmune neuropathies seem vulnerable to the "double crush effect"--that is, once a nerve has been damaged, an additional compressive insult produces symptoms that are more than the sum of the constituent parts, so to speak. It may be worth it to get a little imaging done.
Im pretty sure its the sicatic nerve the reason being is I have had a 2inch wide numb area that runs from my hip to my knee exactly where the sicatic nerve is. Ive had this numb are from day one although most of my p/n is in my feet.

"It may be worth it to get a little imaging done"

can you expand on this. what does it involve and what can be done about any outcome

edit , found it

Magnetic resonance imaging

Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) can examine muscle quality and size, detect any fatty replacement of muscle tissue, and determine whether a nerve fiber has sustained compression damage. The MRI equipment creates a strong magnetic field around the body. Radio waves are then passed through the body to trigger a resonance signal that can be detected at different angles within the body. A computer processes this resonance into either a three-dimensional picture or a two-dimensional "slice" of the scanned area.

Last edited by zorro1; 02-12-2011 at 08:56 AM.
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote