Thread: Leg weakness
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 08:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger View Post
Hello.
Having this affliction over 6 years I'm at the stage you mention (severe leg weakness and stiffness). I use a wheelchair when doing chores in the kitchen and shaving. Some folks are still getting out and about after having PN over 10 years. I don't know how many stages one goes thru having this crud, but I believe I'm in the final stages as most of the time is spent in bed (body feels better at rest) and I do much better in hot weather. Have used most of the meds mentioned on this forum as well as the supplements. Only take amitripyline and a baby asprin and Naproxen Sodium for muscle pain, went off the Methadone last week. IMO Methadone was the best of the meds except for the constipation. I guess the next thing I get hit with will be blood clots in the leg. As the old melody goes "Don't get around much anymore"
Stagger, yeah this stuff is no fun
Do you have any pain in your legs apart from weakness? I dont have any pain except in my left foot however if I squeeze my knee it produces an instant reaction in my foot like a ZAPping sensation.

I have also been conscious of not using my feet since like you its easier to lay down however Im a firm believer of use it or lose it so lately have been pushing myself harder.

I find it more difficult to stand after sitting for a while now. Usually i have to brace myself before standing. Also I have gained weight in the last 3 years which isnt helping any of this..

Last edited by zorro1; 02-12-2011 at 09:25 AM.
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote