View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 05:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica versus Elavil

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindyartist3 View Post
Hi my name is Cindy. Let me tell you about Lyrica. I have been trying to get off that crap for weeks now. I have had insane headaches, and I cannot sleep worth beans. But, and I mean but, the worst thing to happen to me is not the sweating, and hard time breathing, but suffering from TIA, or mini-stroke caused by Lyrica. Omg, if you can find another way to cope with Neuopathic or Chronic pain, people, please find some other way besides Lyrica. Lyrica = Stroke, stroke = death.
Hello, Cindy and all the others: Hard time breathing, sweating, short term memory loss (you go into a room and don't remember why you are there), feeling beaten and tired, confused -- well, I had all those symptoms and more, then cut my dose (doctor suggested it) from 150 to 100 mg per day, after which things got better. You people who take 300 and more, I don't see how you are still alive. Lyrica, on the other hand, did stop incredible pain in my right leg that drove me to try to kill myself; so, in a way, it saved my life. Getting used to it was pure hell for 2 weeks, so I imagine that trying to get off it would be the same.

I did try to stop Lyrica entirely, to see what would happen. Sure enough, the pain in my leg returned. I'll try again soon, and see once more. I hear that nerves fix themselves slowly, over time; I don't know about that. Maybe that's something some of us should try from time to time -- drop Lyrica, and see what happens.

As for cutting the pills, I still have some 75 mg pills left. Every so often, I take a knife and cut one in half, take it in the morning plus a 50mg at night. Seems to work O.K.

Does somebody out there know the pros and cons of Lyrica versus Elavil? I'd love to hear about them. Thanks ever so much.

Tom
lebelvedere is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote