View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 06:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Gabby ~ I just wanted to let you know that even with decompression surgery, the chance of the "domino" effect taking place is pretty high. I had 2 such surgeries on the lumbar spine, and not long after, the levels below failed. So I just hope that after your husbands decompression surgery, the levels below his surgery site don't fail too. This seems to happen more often than not. Unfortunately, the doctors don't tell us this. I KNOW that in your husbands case he NEEDS to have this surgery, but for others who just want relief of pain, they could have by-passed the surgery and opted for pain management and physical therapy.

I wish you and your husband the best of luck. I hope he has no more problems. God bless and take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gabbycakes (02-13-2011)