View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 07:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Me too Sally. He is funny yet he gets his point across. If you are ever in NYC or any crowded street you would understand how people never look where they are going. NY is not a sweet small town place with all friendly people. They are all in a rush to get somewhere, and by a certain time.

It is like the Spain's Bull-run at times. Run or move out of the way. Or like Black Friday store sales. You can get knocked over. As for the texting on phones, why can't people just pull to the side and text.

I don't use mobility aids anymore, so I fear being pushed over myself. I don't want to break anything. I have to look out for the other people heading toward me. When I had a cane and not living or working in NYC, I found that my town is pretty good when they see people with a mobility problem, and hold doors open and/or are careful.

I can understand Marc's view having workied more than half my life in the rush of NYC. I think downtown is worse than uptown. The financial district is crazy. Uptown there is not as many people running out of the buildings, but lots of shoppers and tourists looking up.
Rambling again.

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (02-13-2011), Kitty (02-12-2011), SallyC (02-12-2011)