View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 09:58 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Unfortunately, you will never be 100% symptom free. You may feel 100% but your brain will never be 100%. The most important issue is that there is no way to tell how much trauma your brain can withstand. Most likely, your brain has reached a critical mass of concussion and sub-concussive impacts that will leave you sensitive to any impact.

My neurologist when I was a sophomore in high school suggested that I never play contact sports again. There is a great crossover sport for soccer athletes. I excelled as a distance runner. The soccer conditioning was great for distance running conditioning. I was the fastest high school 2 miler in Connecticut history. I tore my quads and then injured my medial cartilage so I never even ran my best.

Soccer conditioning also creates excellent rowers. Crew is a great way to maintain a college athletic scholarship.

I am assuming you are female from your writing style. There are good opportunities in women's sports for someone with good endurance conditioning.

You may not have soccer, but there are plenty of opportunities for you. Redirecting your talents can lead to a full life even if your PCS follows you for a long time. Learning to live with PCS may be difficult at first but life has lots of options for those living with PCS.

I believe it offers an opportunity to become a much more compassionate and understanding person. A torn up knee or ankle is not much at character building. PCS is.

Relax, rest, and observe. You will learn lots.

My best to you.

My best

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BeccaP (02-13-2011)