View Single Post
Old 02-12-2011, 11:31 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I used to have hair down to my butt. (back in my 20s) By the time I got to my early 30s it was mid-back. Used to love to braid it, but for some reason my hands and arms would get tired and I'd screw up the braid. (didnt know I had MS at the time)

After I got diagnosed, I got it cut to just below the shoulders. I liked it, but it still took forever for it to dry. Last spring, my hair was about shoulder length again and I had a numb hand. So, i got it cut a little shorter, and the world didnt end for me.

For several months after that, I let the guy who cuts my hair do whatever he wanted to as long as it wasnt much shorter than what I finally had it. The last couple of months now, I've been too sleepy and tired to get into the shower some days. (personal record so far is 6 days....EWWWW!!!) I had it back to longer than my shoulders, but that's because the MS has seriously cut into my hair cutting time and I got shaggy and long again.

This afternoon, I got my hair cut a little shorter and now it's the perfect length that I can shower in 5 minutes and then get out and comb and dry my hair in about 10 minutes. It used to take me 3 hours back when I had hair to the butt. With my latest flare, I dont want to spend a zillion years dealing with my hair like I used to.

So much easier now to deal with my hair than it's been in awhile. Surprising that my long hair that I loved so much back then was pretty much the first thing I threw overboard after finding out about the MS.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
NeuroNixed Craig (02-13-2011)