View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Frenchfri

I can take bone growth medium a time to fully form the bone mass you and your doc have as your goal. In my situation, the BMP went the other direction and I aggressively grew bone such that my fusion results which I had originally thought through and through as a Godsend became the very reason for another open back surgery for me. You see, the BMP produced a spur which aimed in a familiar direction, my nerve root, and consequent surgery was required to remedy the return to agony was experiencing.

Chiming in thusly is not intended to cause alarm, but just let you in on the months it can take for BMP to do its work. The fusion which was done in January of one year was later in September of the same year the reason for parallel scars on my back in that particular area. Give it time, bone will likely fill in with strength and your spine will respond as your doc intended. Then you may see some return to activities from which you have been limited.

Now if anyone wonders...... can I ever get there again? Look up the story of Orlando Bloom, famous screen actor, and recipient of MAJOR fusion work after a serious fall. I understand he is quite the daredevil now, and was during filming of the Lord of the Ring trilogy down New Zealand way......

If he can, then maybe we all can at least to some degree.... true?

Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote