View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwh824 View Post
I am 22 years old. I have been dealing with back pain since I was 12, and "threw out" my back for the first time when I was 15. I have subsequently thrown it out numerous times. The most recent of which occurred while playing basketball just two weeks ago. I hit the floor and could not move the pain was so bad. I had to be wheeled out on a wheel chair, and carried up the stairs into my apartment. I was flat of my back for two days, before going to the emergency room to get something to cut the pain. I am currently walking with a cane, but am able to get around.
I have gone to see a doctor in Colorado, who comes highly recommended. My MRI this week shows that my L4/L5 and L5/S1 discs are SEVERELY herniated, to the point that the doctor was surprised at how severe they were. They look like a spike going into my spinal cord. I am not down to many options. The only way to fix it is surgery. They are too severely damaged that disc replacement is not an option.
I don't know what my best course of option is. I am constantly stressing about this and would like any input that those of you who have gone through a similar situation would have for me.

If you trust your docs, listen to them. They know best on how to deal with your injury. Should surgery be required, your age and need for surgery, based on your exam and imaging findings likely give you a very good outlook on surgical outcome. Certainly better than being wheeled around in a wheel chair or hobbling around on a cane!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (02-13-2011)