View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 06:45 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarriedtoRSD View Post
My husband has severe RSD and is on work comp. One of the medications he has been taking is Protonix because since starting all the medications he has to take to help control the pain gives him heart burn. The work comp doctor, who sits in an office and has never even seen nor spoken to my husband, looked at his medication list and said that nothing he takes can cause the symptoms of heartburn. He takes Morphine 3x daily, Percoset 4-6x daily, Amatiza 1x daily, Celexa 1x daily, Symbalta 2x daily, Atenelol 1x daily (which he takes due to the medications raising his heart rate, which they wont cover). Ugh I cant think of the other two he also takes.

Anyway, if anyone has ANY info or links to info that says these medications can cause acid reflux, heartburn, GERDS I could really use the help. I dont know how to find specific info on this. Thanks

Hi MarriedtoRSD,

Sorry to here your husband is having this problem. There are many drug information web sites. What I do or used to do is google each medication and you will get tons of hits or go t a CVS.com or Walgreens.com the bigger chains have good information on medications. Personally I prefer googling each one because you might come across a study or somethng you would not find on a store site.

And good luck with your WC issues. There are many people on this fourm who deal with WC and I sometimes can't believe what people are put through. I had a Personal Injury Case and that was bad enought or at least I thought at the time it was. What I here you have to really push with WC. I'm sure someone will post something about it.

This fourm is just a great source of information.

Good Luck

Gabbycakes
gabbycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote