View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Changes in my symptoms

The two very distict things that I noticed was that I slept sounder and was energetic in the morning..I am still enegetic in the morning, but the quality of my sleep has reverted back to "normal"..actually I am energetic throughout most of the day, except I still have to take a mid-day nap..Ive noticed that even when I start to experience the mid-day fatigue, I still seem to maintain most of the newfound movement ability..I feel motivated, as I was having alot of trouble getting motivated to leave the house..to get dressed, to get undressed all semed like a hassle..It was getting easy to talk myself into staying home, but then..to do what?..My condition was making me uncomfortable..I go to a few AA meetings a week, and it is something that I always look foward to doing..but when I think about navigating through the crowd, just sitting there any feeling physically uncomfortable..the hassle it is just to go over to the coffee pot and get a cup of coffee, without spilling it on the way back to my seat..the feeling of holding everybody else up because Im so slow..cant seem to walk by people without bumping into them..its cold out..I think about that stuff and its enough to make me want to stay home, and thats exactly what Ive done sometimes..It felt like my whole body was parkied up all the time..I dont have that mental battle going on now because I feel more confident in my movements..Im not uncomfortable anymore

Pd was beginning to effect my left side as well..I noticed that I began knocking objects over with my left hand as well..I began to have difficulty picking up mail, a piece of paper etc from the table with my left hand..my balance was beginning to deteriorate..I began having near falls, where I had just enough balance ability to right myself before taking a fall..I began having difficulty putting my belt through the loops with both hands, whereas it was only with my right hand before..putting my pants on, my right foot usually get stuck in the pant leg because the ankle wont bend to slip it in..Putting my hands behind my back to take my coat off was a challenge..streeeeeeeeeccch!..getting in my truck was getting more difficult because I have to put my bad side in first..lifting my right leg high enough to clear the rocker panel was difficult, and would usually end up having my butt half on the seat when I got in, and then shimmy across the seat..Putting the key in the ignition was a chore..sometimes I had to literally put the key in the right position with my left hand, because if it was cocked I couldnt straighten it out with my right hand..then when I got the key in the ignition it was a strain to turn it all the way to engage the starter..my hand only wanted to turn the key 3/4 of the way..Putting the truck from park to drive, another hassle..and vice versa..drive to park was even worse..my gait was getting worse

None of these tasks are a problem anymore..the left side of my body is hardly symptomatic at all now..Im more confident walking, driving, doing daily chores..I feel motivated..energetic..my whole emotional balance has taken a turn for the better..What Ive noticed that is remarkable is that I can put my truck key in the ignition in the dark first shot 8 out of 10 times..I had trouble doing it in the daylight first shot if I was looking right at it..my typing ability has improved..Ive tried the toe tapping and doorknob turning drills that my neuro tests during his examination, and I can do them with more coordination..the doorknob turning was the hardest..no trouble with my left hand but my right hand would just sit there and tremble with hardly any movement whatsoever..now I can do it with my right hand but not with as much speed as my left..As I sit here today, I still havent completely gotten over this stomach bug, but still have alot of movement nonetheless