View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Oh Catra, I am so sorry for your mis-adventures. Girl, keep on making those plans, someday you are going to do them. I hope you find some relief soon. You are right about keeping busy, it does take your mind off of the pain. I used to cross stitch and crochet and other kinds of needle work and really enjoyed it, so I can understand how much you must miss it right now. I am also in the W.C. system and that can be so frustrating. The surprise of the month for February was that they refused to pay for a medication that they had previously paid for.

I also miss my job, and I haven't been able to work for a long time. For Christmas they made me go on a "medical retirement" (fired) after thirty years. The good thing that happened during this time period was that at the urging of a very good doctor (they are out there) I went to college and am two weeks away from getting my degree at 50. How weird is it that your kids want to come to your college graduation?! I just got my SCS about two weeks ago, and am optimistic that the results are going to be good enough that I will be able to go back to work part-time.
I do understand your despair over your pain level. It sounds to me like it would be a good thing to maybe have your pc doctor see if they can get depression added to your w.c. claim so that they will pay for some anti-depressant meds and some therapy. It has helped many of us, especially through the really rough times.
Hang in there, I will pray for you, Lisa
Lisa in Ohio is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote