View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by finz View Post
I don't think you have to (or should) report anything until you feel well enough to attempt to go back to work with the "Ticket to Work."

If you can't reasonably schedule xxx hours per week to work, you are still disabled. You don't have to notify them about minor changes. Most of us have good days and bad days and that's okay. A significant improvement to where you felt confident about working for a few hours each day several days a week would warrent reporting.

I understand they frequently do reviews at the 3 or 7 year mark, but even waive those for older SSDI recipients.
When I was awarded SSDI my approval letter stated my review would not be for at least 5 to 7 years. The letter my pdoc sent in to DDS stated that I am totally disabled and that he has no reason to believe that there would be any improvement in my condition. I spoke to a rep at SSA last friday and they told me that I need not contact them and that they would contact me if they have any questions. It almost sounds like SSA has written me off but since I am only 49 (will turn 50 in July) that I should probably expect some kind of review at some point.
Shellback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote