View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just wanted to chime in here with some information.

In VA http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...071+ful+SB1230
Quote:
Three doses of properly spaced human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine for females. The first dose shall be administered before the child enters the sixth grade.

The parent, guardian or person standing in loco parentis may have such child immunized by a physician or registered nurse or may present the child to the appropriate local health department, which shall administer the vaccines required by the State Board of Health Regulations for the Immunization of School Children without charge.
And here is the IMPORTANT PART OF THE BILL and this is what every person should push for since pulling the vax isn't a realistic expectation. (well, I was going to post the specific exemption)

OMG they pulled the exemption specific to this vax!!!! I just printed it out within the last 3wks and now it's changed!!! It was the only reason I wasn't fighting this bill... Ugh...

I've got some legislative research to do now...

Okay, it looks like the wording is there, but I'm not 100% sure that it's for the current bill meaning there have been many changes to the bill and I'm seeing all the stages without knowing which one is going before the house and senate.

Quote:
3. After having reviewed materials describing the link between the human papillomavirus and cervical cancer approved for such use by the Board, a parent or guardian may elect, on an appropriate form prescribed by the Board, for his child not to receive the human papillomavirus vaccine.

Last edited by Electra; 02-26-2007 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Adding about researching
Electra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote