View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Bowel probems beyond constipation

I've been following this thread with interest because I do think there is a gut-brain connection largely going ignored. There is plenty of lit supporting this but know one seems to be taking off with it.

I wondered if taking high colonics regularly along with regular OTC probiotics may help? I'd try that at least once before trying something like a fecal infusion. What scares me about that is we do not just have a bacterial problem confined to the colon; we have something that shows our blood brain barrier can be easily breached. Yes, we are wanting the good bacteria, but if you try this at home have that poop analyzed first, please.

Lastly in researching colonics and parkinson, I ran across a handful of cases where people with parkinson's presented with what was thought to be a bowel obstruction with nothing there but an enlarged bowel and dilated colon, but upon exam, there is no obstruction at all! It is known as an Intestinal Pseudo Bowel-Obstruction. It is brought on by the already slowed motility of our gastrointestinal system couple with the constipation caused by anticholinergic meds! BTW, in this researck.

Remember if you are taking Amantadine or any sort of anticholinergic drug or have amt sort of bowel issue or constipation you may first want to discuss all this with your doctor; there may be simple relief on the horizon.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote