Thread: Need to rant
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:20 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi 72,

Ugh. WC can be a pain and it sounds like you are really getting it from all sides.

I would focus first on the MD coverage issue. WC HAS to approve a doc of your choice to manage your care. Of course, they can (and in my case, do) deny any requested treatment, but they can't refuse you a treating doc.

I understand your concerns about the MDs in that practice being reluctant to write scripts for pain meds. I have a similar issue in needing to find a new doctor, but being worried about if my new choice will prescribe narcotics. It's not like you can ask their secretaries that before getting an appointment......

In your case, I think it should help that the PA is in their practice. If your condition hasn't changed (for the better), how can they say they will no longer prescribe narcotics without implying that their PA never should have ordered them ? I woulth think because of that issue, you might be better off with a doc in that practice rather than trying to find another on your own.

Oh.....and venting here is most definitely allowed !

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote