View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 12:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up

Hi Allen--CONGRATS, and hopefully the new Judge will recognize the LIMITATIONS of SUSTAINING "gainful employment" when one has RSD.

Do you have copies of your medical records? Although it might be redundant, it might be useful if you could find MEDICAL DOCUMENTATION of FREQUENCY of treatment,reactions to treatment, SIDE EFFECTS of your medications (drowsiness during the day etc., etc.) your physical RESTRICTIONS--anything at ALL that supports INABILITY TO SUSTAIN WORK . The Voc Rehab counselor most liketly will be at the hearing to testify to your previous educational and work history , and jobs that you might likely be able to do (including being propped up a the nearest Circus side-show and having money being dropped into a clown-hat...)

You know YOUR medical case better than your attorney--and he may not have the time to go through your records with a "fine-tooth comb" to find ALL the medical evidence in your records, including the "subtle" things that are easily overlooked, that could potentially "rebut" any possible "job" the Voc Rehab counselor might throw at the Judge.

One of my friends had this happen at HER hearing--everytime the medical testimony tended to support her inability to work, the Voc Rehab lady kept punching stuff into her lap-top computer...lo and behold...ALL "sorts of jobs" popped up...unfortunately, the attorney was not AGGRESSIVE, and did NOT cross-examine the Voc Rehab lady very effectively.

It is really too bad that Judges and Voc Rehab people have NO IDEA just how "predictably unpredictable", painful and EXHAUSTING RSD can be--I sure hope that they GET EDUCATED and you WIN!!!!!!!!

Brokenwings
Brokenwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote