View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:13 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Mrs. D.

I have NEVER had a muffin in my life for breakfast. When I go to my local cafe I have an egg (or egg white), with a slice of cheese on a scooped out toasted role with a dash of margarine. I dump my sprouts (to which I add a drop of liquid smoke) and this sandwich tastes exactly like bacon and eggs. It's the least expensive thing on the menu and it fills me up because the sprouts make it a big sandwich and I sit there for an hour chatting up with the local people. This is my socialization for the day.

So do you think the one roll I have in the morning sets me up to not lose more weight than I could actually lose? It's the only refined carb I have, it's the only bread I have in the whole entire day. The rest of the day is protein and complex carbs (tomatoes, veggies)

I am understand bit by bit as to what is needed for protein. I could order 2 eggs instead of the one egg but then that's more cholesterol, right?

Same with ordering bacon.

30 grams for protein in the a.m..? I don't know how I would order this at my cafe.

Oh, maybe if I drink one of those protein shakes before I left the house?

Then I would go and get my breakfast.

Do you think that is feasible.

and the thing about the insulin.

Being that using the fenugreek seeds is REALLY lowering my blood sugar in the morning, I am going down by 1 unit at a time.

Maybe I'll get back down to 5 like I did last October (when I didn't know about fenugreek)

So let's see if I get this correct. The more diabetic meds (insulin) I take the slower I will lose weight because insulin (no matter if my body makes it, or I inject it), well it's going to be stored in my fat cells and thus I don't lose weight.

If I go down to 5 eventually, that will be a bit better? Or it doesn't matter how many units one is on?

I'm going to check out the link you provided.

I still don't get why my skinny friend who is on insulin and other meds, is continuing to lose weight. Is it the diabetes that is doing this to her? Is her body looking for energy so it's burning muscle and fat??

She is beside herself and she doesn't want to lose any more and she eats (not carbs), but she eats.

I'm now going to check out that link you gave me.

thanks much for the info.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote