View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

It is only breakfast with the 30gram protein rule, so far that I know. I haven't read all the book yet.

5 eggs =30grams. Dr. Oz said forget about the cholesterol, or if you are worried do only the whites with one yolk. I am making omelets with chicken or steak with two or 3 whole eggs.

When I get the other info down to an understandable level, I'll share that.

...did you watch the videos yet?

The insulin is not stored... the glucose is. When the other cells of your body do not respond to the insulin to help glucose in (muscles, brain)... it goes to the fat cells. In other words when you eat you feed your fat and the rest of the body starves, and then you get hungry faster, and want more. The trick is to turn on the receptors in the body to accept the insulin, so glucose can get in.

She may be losing because she is going into ketosis, burning fat because she cannot get glucose in. Diabetics before being treated (type I) lose enormous amounts of weight.

She may be losing for other reasons...she may have a hidden cancer, for example.

Metformin is the only medication that encourages weight loss.
It does this by stopping the liver from making too much glucose (which is what happens in the dawn phenomenon). Much of our glucose is made in the liver if we don't eat any.

It can be very complicated, and some may be genetics. Some people are just fast burners. And others are conserving types.
So you cannot compare yourself to others, for that reason.

Watch the videos, and try the 30 gram protein breakfast. You will find you don't get hungry much during the day. I am starting to have very small lunches or dinners. Some days I only have some nuts for lunch! The change in appetite is amazing!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (02-14-2011)