View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default New electronic Security System for house

Well, Happy Valentines Day to me!

DH left his alarm on "snooze" this morning. So I was already awake when I heard him "arm" our new security system (it talks out loud to you). Only he put it on "away" instead of "stay".

You put it on Stay when there's still people in the house, so the motion detector doesn't report your movement. Well, it was his first time and I guess he figured because HE was Away, that was good enough!

So I walked past the motion detector (still not used to it) and changed the setting. Back in my bedroom I could hear it talking, but couldn't get to it fast enough to hear what it said (pre-recorded stuff).

And so the phone rang at 6:00 a.m.! I had to give the lady my Password so she didn't send the cops!

I haven't really felt insecure living here for 2 years, but our house is on the outskirts of town. If someone wanted to burglarize our place, its unlikely a neighbor would witness and report it. And we're bad to leave our doors unlocked unless we're gone for more than a day.

In the future when I get a Smart Phone, I'll be able to check the temperature and status from wherever. $50 a month for peace of mind. Its worth it to me.

Take the poll: how do you feel about house security?

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (02-14-2011)