View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks so much for the input. I meet with Dr. Brantigan next week. I will update you on what he finds. I think it is such a bummer that so many meds are needed to manage this, Tannemich. Just imagining a surgery (and I don't even know if that's going to be the recommendation) scares me. But, many seem to have benefitted and it seems to me that you are not having much of a life right now, even half-over improvement from surgery sounds better than what you are going through. Try not to have your ailment define who you are.

I have come to realize that I think too many persons overlook yoga as a therapy, esp since it doesn't come with a 4 year degree. And I understand, there are many yoga instructors who are not qualified to give "therapy". I actually have a degree in Kinesiology, so I have a deep understanding on how the body functions. I hope that will aide me in recovery, if surgery is determined to be my best option. But, yes, I am already looking into yoga rehab. Since I live close to Denver and this seems to be a mini TOS-Mecca, might be a good start??? Sometimes wished I had gone on to get my PT license, but collaboration works well, too.

Can anyone explain why re-growth happens? I will ask Dr. B. that question as well, curious...

Thanks all! Yoga shall always be in my life, I might just have to adjust.
Concoulor3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote