View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimking View Post
gramE, my wife wears super soft socks and I mean very soft socks. She also wears sneakers without the back or opened healed shoes. I believe the shoes are Sketchers. One concern my wife has is she will keep moving and walking regardless of the pain and visual look of her feet. She is compelled to keep the blood flowing. The steroid she took was predisone (spelling could be wrong). She also goes to a foot doctor to have her nails looked after and she applies plenty of creams on her feet.
Dear Jimking
I took the prednisone early in the game before they had diagnosed the RSD, my calf was about 19 inches. It is down to under 17 now, but at the time no one was concerned about my feet. Everyone thought I was being a baby. And had no qualms about telling me to my face.
Soft socks. Do they exist? I have some of those that are supersoft but they are kinda shaggy for lack of a better word and when I walk I can feel everyone of those little threads. I started out with my first larger shoe with the no back tennies. I wore them to work but the top of my foot is a definite trigger point so I started going barefoot, even my one foot at work. Everyone overlooked it. But my walking began to get so slow, and still is. Nylons and those pressure hose feel like I have broken bones in my feet and rubber bands around my ankles.
But I'm pretty much having the blue/purple/black all day now. I try to stay in my sleeping chair for at least 10 hours. In the mornings they are pretty normal looking and have an intense tingling, that kinda waking up after you've sat on them feeling. My first doz steps are difficult but moving around is good. Keeping them warm is my biggest problem, even with socks and slippers they are still ice cold and I get the 'chill' thing running up and down my left leg a lot throughout the day.
I'm scheduled for one more block, and then the 'where do we go from here' discussion. My stress level just now is off the charts as I have SSDI, Disability Retirement from work, Work Comp, Third party insurance suit, and no monetary compensation from Work Comp since Oct. I got more paperwork than the Post office. And today I got scheduled for the mental exam for the SSDI.
But I have a lot to be thankful for and currently am able to mostly take care of myself. My husband does all the shopping. I go out to go to church or to one of my children's homes. No public stuff, well I did go to a couple of elementary BB games, but it was way too far too walk.
Thanks for the info though. Maybe we can keep each other up to date if we find out something new.
thanks again,
with hope for the future,
pat
gramE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote