View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 01:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well, let's see...it's been awhile since I checked in.

Went to PAN and got to meet a number of people from this forum, as well as others. It was great to finally be able to say "hello" in person and get to know everyone a little better. And Jaye, you looked great...keep plugging along!

PAN was very interesting for someone like me who's never really been involved in politics before. I learned a great deal, and truly enjoyed the speakers and the up-to-date information they shared, especially Dr. Langston.

The trip to Capitol Hill was interesting as well. While we mostly met with aides, it was clear we had a positive effect on many of them. It was great to hear my fellow PD'rs tell their stories so eloquently and emotionally. Very powerful stuff. I did get to talk to one of our Senators, Diane Feinstein. I gave her a copy of my article that appeared recently in the NPF Parkinson Report Journal (Fall 2006) and the other day she called and asked for my participation in a PD project she's working on, so that was cool.

Getting home to California proved to be quite a challenge. DC got hit with an ice/snow storm that closed both airports for the first time in 11 years. I was at Reagan airport for 10 1/2 hours trying to get a flight home to CA, but they kept getting canceled. I think I stood in line for about 6 hours that day. Not fun for a Parkie! I finally managed to get a flight out of DC to Salt Lake City where I had to spend the night. The next morning, as my flight was preparing to leave to finally get me home, it started snowing in Salt Lake and we almost didn't get off the ground!

I finally made it home, where I was greeted with blue skies and 80 degree weather. If I never see another snow flake as long as I live, I'll die a happy man!

It took me four full days of sleep and rest to recover from PAN but I'm very glad I went.

Now if anybody knows someone near Manhattan who could put me up for a few days for the Unity Walk, let me know. I really would love to go but can't justify the insane hotel rates.

Hope everyone is feeling well. I'm off to the gym after a 2 week absence while my body recovered from PAN and the travel. Damn PD! lol

Todd
PDTalks.com

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote