Thread: Kefir Madness
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 01:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamietwo View Post
I really don't want to do this but I may have to! LOL! I spent hours yesterday trying to find a vegan, gf, sf, corn-free probiotic for my child. Nada!
The best one is Metagenics Ultra Flora DF (for Dairy Free). I included the link for the powdered version, but you can buy capsules too. This is what I use, in addition to the kefir. Usually, you can only buy Metagenics through a health care practitioner, but we have a pharmacy called Pharmaca where you can get it. Try to find a health care practitioner in your area who carries the Metagenics products if you are interested. They are some of the best quality supplements I've ever purchased, but they are not cheap!

I decided to add kefir because the Ultra Flora only has two organisms. Kefir has something like 40 beneficial organisms. That's why I think yogurt is limited too, and Koz's experience seems to verify that. I figure that I need more than just 2 probiotic organisms for my sensitive gut . I'm going for the "more the merrier" approach!

Claire