View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 10:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Gabbycakes,
Glad to hear you are doing better. Wow, pain level zero after prednisone???!! Great. I am happy for you. I too feel like I have more of an injury in my foot than they are saying after six years too. I was set up to have the nerves frozen around the pain area in my foot and the WC canceled it. I thought before the ketamine that why not try it. I was told my pain would be greater after the outpatient treatment but then it would calm down for several months. I did have a stronger MRI in NYC at HSS and it showed I have soft tissue damage in my foot but the regular MRI's I had showed nothing. It's interesting. We know our bodies better than anyone else yet most people cannot even imagine the pain we are constantly in or have a problem grasping it. My chiropractor did tell me years ago that I did have nerve compartment syndrome and I could have surgery but she voted against it saying if I did the surgery once I had to have it repeated every year because scar tissue grows back so I never did it. Like RNcrps2 said her friend thought she had rsd but has ms (the best of both worlds huh). The first month I had this the WC IME said she thought I had ms instead of rsd and they paid for a huge amount of blood work and MRI of my brain and it all showed nothing so I have rsd by ruling out the other diseases. I laughed at the doctor because I said don't you think I would have gone to my family dr by now?? They are so clueless. Keep us informed as to what is going on. Best of luck. I am thrilled you are getting some relief. Yeah for you!!!!!!!!!!
kathy d
kathy d is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote