View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am home. It is interesting that I am working to be cynical about what has happened because I cant allow myself to be hurt again by noticing that things actually are so far so good with the vitamin D mega dose. I went to hospital in unusually worse shape and practically skipped out!

Now this isnt from the vit D but from the IV fluids. I was dryer than usual that morning which left me not with dry mouth when I woke but also chunk weaker and breathing down. I'd drank plenty of water the day before, extra intentionally. What I discovered was the steroid pill I had started had started to 'dry me out'. I get get this dry from drugs that make sense like benedryl and ones that don't. My feeling is that my body has something not yet diagnosed that causes this. I cant drink enough myself to counter this. I sure I have tried over the year since it started.

I was already dry by alot and was very affected before I even took the vitamin D pill that I knew would do that. When I came in I could hardly talk cause my breathing was down that much even with my mestinon (would have been even worse without mestinon). I was as weak as I should have been at 5PM not noon. That is what happens when I get dry from a drug. I cant say if I am clinically dehydrated. He ordered a basic blood test to be done before the fluids. I wonder if he should order one after?

About 30mn into the fluids, maybe half a litre I felt a shift. As the rest of the bag went in me I felt my breathing and ability to talk ease so I was able to chat with my duaghter. I want to feel like that eveyday!! The fluids energize me. This is how this began in that my daughter remarked to my Endo that she would see a change in me after fluids if I was at ER or hosp.

I get 3 months of this every week. I am already thinking I will miss this so when it stops as that is the amount of the vit D pills 50,000 prescription. Of course I am very interested in how much this way affects my vitamin D levels. When I am up in the 50's and 60's I am in real good shape.

Annie59
Annie59 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote