View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart Welcome Leesha!

Oh you certainly ARE in the right place for support!
I read your post and really wanted to jump thru the screen to give you a hug!

FIRST thought that came to mind! Have you had your THYROID thoroughly checked?? Alot of what you are describing sounds JUST like what I was going thru 7 yrs ago when I had turned 40.....It was discovered that my thyroid was not functioning well (HyPOthyroid) and I seemed to put on weight by simply breathing the air! But I was also on some meds that are known for weight gain (Lyrica especially)......
Some of the other things you mentioned (lack of menstrual, etc)....at your young age....could very well be that your body's 'throttle' needs adjusted (Thyroid)

Also....Magnesium supplements do wonders for constipation. NOT the Magnesium Oxide....but the Magnesium Citrate and Glycinate......

Pooh brings up some good points to ponder as well
Mark says it just BEAUTIFULLY......

I keep calling everyone on this forum GEMS from Heaven! We care so much for each other's situations, struggles, etc.

I was EXACTLY where you were when you described the Fentanyl patches!!
Isn't it a scary thing when our bodies continue to become more and more tolerant to the hardcore meds.....where do we go from there!!

Well, I've since lost the weight, am not on Lyrica (bad bad bad....for me anyway)..... I do have some 50mcg Fent Patches on hand due to some maintenance issues I've had with my SCS ..... but all in all......if we remain determined to get a better quality of life and have a medical team backing us up who REALLY know what's going on.....then you can and WILL get improvement!! And from the sounds of it, you do have a doctor who you really like.

Granted, most of the posts here are about the SCS, (I wish more and more pumpers would join on).....but if you'll hang in there and bear with us, we'll round up some of the folks who are pain pump veterans and can give real good input.

So, aside from the weight gain, what is the main reason you are wanting to get the pump taken out? Are you just getting burned out with the commitment of having to get refills, etc....?

Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing your story. You'll get good input.
One thing you might want to do in the meantime is try using the 'search' feature at the top of the page and type in "Pain Pump" and posts of previous discussions will pop up.

So glad you found us! Just holler if you need help in finding your way around!
Rae

Here is one of our Pain Pumpers.....Bob is fantastic! check out his profile page and send him a 'visitor message'.......I'm not sure how often he gets on here these days, but here is one of his very informative posts on what the pump has done for him....
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post701979-14.html
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (02-15-2011), Mark56 (02-20-2011)