View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Dmom and Mrs. D.

This morning I began doing the 30 gram thing. Made the protein shake and drank it as I was getting dressed. No inconvenience whatsoever. I have one of those small hand blenders that are battery operated.

Then I went to my local breakfast place (I have never had to order breakfast because i have eaten the same thing for over 10 years).

I walk in announcing "new breakfast, new breakfast", and everybody started laughing because they thought I was going to pull a plant out of my shopping bag and eat the plant.

After we all stopped laughing I said "No, no more roll for me, (( I had gone over to the owner and said "Can I add an egg and take away the roll and pay the same price??") NO PROBLEM.

So I ordered two eggs with a slice of cheese and they refill your coffee, and I then got my plate will eggs and cheese, dumped my sprouts, folded it over like an omelette, held it up for all the locals to see and I said out loud "See, Melody has a new breakfast"

We all laughed, Then I explained the 30 gram thing and what my goals were.

One of the guys said "You know Melody, the other day I was in this buffet place having lunch and they all these sprouts and I burst out laughing and said "oh, that's what Melody eats"

I then said "See, you remembered me because I'm memorable"

So I shall see where this 30 gram breakfast is going to take me.

Change is good (thank goodness I don't mind changing my eating habits).

Take care

Melody

Oh, Mrs. D or anbody, I have a question about the one day binge thing. The guy on the Dr. Oz show said "you can eat anything". I don't think he was referring to diabetics, right?

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote