View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Maybe not referring to diabetics. But certainly helpful for insulin resistant people (like me) But for diabetics one could always just up the insulin a few units for the binge. That is what people do who shoot Humalog, etc. Brittle diabetics would need close monitoring I think. The purpose of the "binge" is to LOSE WEIGHT. People who don't need to lose weight, don't do the calorie restriction the other 6 days in the first place!
And your goal, Mel is to lose some more weight, right?

My binge is quite small....just pizza. I might have a little vanilla ice cream or a chocolate treat (2 pieces of Ghirardelli dark squares with mint). It's the pizza crust I count as the "binge" thing. The purpose of the "binge" is to stimulate thyroid hormone to wake up and increase metabolism. Really, it is hard to really binge in the true sense of binge, after eating less all week. It seems sickening in fact. It is just giving yourself a small treat so you won't miss fave things etc ( it is not eating 9000 calories or some such!). And I love pizza.
I could eat pizza every day!

I am starting to do lentils for dinner now. Cooking them up with
chicken broth and garlic. They don't bother me like red beans do, and they are very satisfying (good source of magnesium and also anti-inflammatory). I am expecting my glucose strips this week, so I will start testing to see what changes come about.
I have to test quite a bit before starting the metformin again. (this version is supposed to be better for the GI side effects...Glumetza.)

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 02-15-2011 at 12:47 PM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote