Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
Hello folks, I have been on SSDI for almost a year now and I have been feeling better lately now that I am away from the stressors that made my symptoms of Bipolar, depression and a variety of other issues flare up and make my life unbearable. I still have bad days and sometimes bad weeks or even months. My question is, should I be reporting this to SSA? Or is this just something that is expected to happen after you have been on SSDI for a while?

I think the advice given by others is good, just because you are feeling a bit better now that you are away from work & other stress, doesn't mean you would be able to work full time again or yet.

Possibly in the future when you have been feeling good & stable for a year or so, then a work trial might be something to think about.

But at this time I wouldn't contact anyone about SSA or SSDI as it may just confuse your whole situation..
If your treating Dr or Therapist says you are good & stable and have been for a certain amount of time, then that might be something too.
I don't know what amount of time might be a positive indicator though...
"Thanks for this!" says:
Shellback (02-15-2011)