View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 02:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyboomer15 View Post
I think that you are making a big mistake if you return to work. If your doctor(s) said you are completely disabled,then you are completely disabled. Find hobbies and interests that will take up most of your day. You gotta look at the big picture. If you go back to work ,you are risking losing everything should your impairments get worse. If your SS insurance runs out,that means no medicare (unless you pick it up on your own-not sure how that works)and no SSDI. Can you live on SSI? People here that are that are fighting to get SSDI ,gotta be shaking their heads reading this thread. It sounds like you are disabled but sounds like you don't like being on SSDI.
I do not think I am ready to return to work, not by a long shot. SSDI has made it possible for me to improve my quality of living so that's not it either. I am paraniod and I worry sometimes if I am doing what I am supposed to do to make sure SSDI is not taken away from me. Maybe somewhere down the line I may try the return to work trial but than again when I have my relapses it reminds me that I am still sick and could not hold down a job for any length of time.
Shellback is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote