View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AintSoBad View Post
Dawn, I'm sorry this is happening to you..
I took Topomax long time ago.
Say, 15 years?
And, I was taken off suddenly, because it was no longer accepted for long term use.
I don't know if it they changed the formulation, (that's very possible), but I have migraines like that, and it didn't really do any thing for me.

Migraines are weird animals. Do you have Thoracic Outlet syndrome? TOS.
I do.

I only mention this for your safety. I think it is an NSAID, and they can be very nasty on the tummy. Try some Maalox, or something like that when you take it, or definitely take it with food!

Be Well!

Pete
Hi Pete,

As far as I know, I don't have TOS. My problems all started in the cervical area, mostly occipital and have spread down to my toes.

Topamax is actually an anti-convulsant. I've switched out the Neurontin which didn't seem to be helping me at all (nor did Lyrical or Cymbalta ) for this.

Ketamine has made a huge difference in my pain levels but I still had that original pain lingering and this was the first med that actually acted on it so the though of giving it up scares me to death. At the same time, I lost 10 pounds in 8 days and I'm not a big girl to begin with.

I'm just praying someone has found a way around the nasty stomach pains it can cause. I took take tons of pepto-bismol, prevacid, caltrate, etc.

Thanks!
Dawn
Reddawn600 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (02-15-2011)