View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Don't do any extra insulin the first time...just monitor your sugar.
See what happens. Get a thin crust for that pizza. It will be less carbs.

Don't forget the grapefruit...this is what keeps the sugar down on binge day.

Are you using RX drugs? (lisinopril is not affected).
Grapefruit interacts with some RX meds.

I think the TV show was a bit overdone with the binge. Dr. Oz does that...and that is why I don't like him much. But being sensible and having forbidden things...is sort of a binge IMO.

That guy is on FIVE shots a day.... that is alot. I would not envy him. you will probably outlast him considerably.

I'd do the treat at dinner. The idea is to do a real food intake that day, compared to reduced intake the other 6. If you eat 1200 cal a day, then 2000 on binge day is almost double. Not much to make 2000!

Okay, let's see if I have this straight.

I drink half a cup of grapefruit juice before dinner. Then I eat two pieces of thin crusts pizza (I can buy a frozen pizza and bake this??) Only a thin crust one.

Then I take usual shot at night time and next morning, I'll see what happens.

Now here's a question. Should a diabetic be drinking some grapefruit juice every day???

I haven't had that in YEARS!!

And about the calorie load for the day. I don't count calories. I just eat my eggs and cheese with sprouts (like a sprout omelette) for breakfast, lunch is a salad with tuna or grilled chicken or maybe a piece of fish. And supper is a salad, chicken, veggies, etc. then at 8 p.m. I love a piece of sugar free cake (that I make myself), with a cup of coffee.

don't really know how many calories that is, but on BINGE MONDAY, as I'm going to call it, I should up my calorie load to a bit more than I am used to, right?

So maybe I would have some veggie bacon (I'd bring that with my sprouts, they wouldn't care), and perhaps at dinner I might have something else about an hour after I eat the pizza. So if I eat my dinner (pizza) at 6 p.m, maybe at 8 or 9, I'll have some chicken.

I know, not really doing a binge but you have no idea how hard this is going to be for me. I have eaten like this for YEARS. Finally got it into my head to eat natural, not processed, REAL food and lo carbs. And now I have to go against everything I have ever been taught.

Good Lord!!!

lol
so tell me if my plan IS A PLAN!!!!

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote