Thread: Syncope
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 08:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Syncope

I had a tilt table test yesterday to check if my neuropathy is effecting my autonomic nerve system. I have been getting light headed when I stand up. It seemed like a rather benign test as you just stand there. I got really hot and sweaty and then passed out. That was not fun. The cardiologist who did the test said he didn't think it was a PN problem because my heart rate went up, I just wasn't getting enough blood to my brain. Of course this light headiness didn't start until after the PN had set in. I drink a fair amount of fluid already. Most is caffeinated so I need to reduce that but I'm not convinced that PN has nothing to do with it. I see the neurologist who ordered the test again in a couple weeks so I'll see what she has to say about that.

And then there is insurance - evidently a tilt table test with a Dx of Polyneuropathy is not medically necessary, so they won't pay for it. It is only medically necessary if the Dx is Syncope. I believe that syncope, caused by PN, is what we were testing for. I'll see if I can get the doc to change the Dx for the test and resubmit and maybe they will pay for it.
Hermes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote